The challenges of staying warm in an 80 year old house with no insulation are wearing a bit thin. Long johns all the time, add a couple of shirts over that and a heavy flannel shirt to top it off and I feel kinda puffy. I feel like the Pillsbury Doughboy. It sure seems like we’ve had a lot more very cold days here in New Orleans than we usually do in a winter. And damp. And windy. And raining. Blah, come on spring!!
And by very cold I mean down to about 30 degrees F. What? Why are you laughing? Stop that! Sure, most of you are used to much lower temperatures, but when it’s 30 degrees here it feels much, much worse because it’s so damp. Really, really damp. And wet. Really, really wet. Did I mention damp? And most homes here don’t have very good heating, they have much better A/C. Seriously.
Ok, maybe I am just a big wuss. A big, shivering Pillsbury Doughboy wuss. =)
Sexy Sadie tagged me on Facebook the other day for a 24 question thingy. Since I am seriously Facebook challenged and couldn’t figure out how to add Notes to my page, I’ll do it here.
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4 and write the sentence here:
-Always turn off the computer and unplug the power cord before installing an expansion card or damage may result. (it’s a computer motherboard manual)
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What’s there?
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
-A Conan O’brien show from last week.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is: 7:30am.
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 7:38am.
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
-The gas heater.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
-I went out for a smoke about 10 minutes ago, the neighbors dog came over to greet me and get petted.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
-Looked at whether I need to make more coffee.
9. What are you wearing?
-Jeans and a t-shirt and another t-shirt and long johns and a flannel shirt and slippers.
10. Did you dream last night?
-Yes I did and it scared me into waking up, but now I can’t remember what it was about.
11. When did you last laugh?
-Last night watching Conan
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
I have a small non-working fireplace with a mantle and above it is a framed print of a dog painting a German Shepard portrait. Above my desk is my framed webmasters certification.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
Yes, my friend Laurie’s photo of her looking thru a hole in a door. Reminded me of Jack Nicholson in “The Shining”
14. What do you think of FacebookCraze.com?
-One of the worst web site designs I have ever seen, seriously crappy.
15. What is the last film you saw?
-The Civilization of Maxwell Bright
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know.
-I have a quick temper
18. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
19. Do you like to dance?
20. What do you think of the president?
-I like him and think he’s doing a great job considering that Bush handed him a pile of crap when he left.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
24. What do you want to say to God when you reach the pearly gates?
-I would ask him WTF was he thinking and to stop being so damn cruel and evil.
I just did a new design for Blogs Gone Wild! with wishful thinking about an early spring as an inspiration. I also just completed a website template ported over to WordPress for Chowdaheadz so they now have a blog built in to their website. They have some pretty cool stuff for Boston sports fans, check them out!
That’s all I got, hope you guys are staying warm!! =)